To get started, go to your personal dashboard.
Step 1: Open the “Social Capital” page in your personal dashboard.
All company employees participate in weekly pulse surveys, through which they assess leadership styles and skills of their managers and colleagues. In total, Yva.ai distinguishes 5 leadership styles:
- Dominants - energetic, proactive, assertive and decisive. They help the team to move from plans to actions and achieve exceptional results.
- Innovators - curious, creative, flexible, they like risk and everything new. They help the team to experiment, find non-standard solutions and approaches to work.
- Integrators - human-oriented. They provide support for those facing emotional problems, inspire colleagues. Their opinion is usually trusted.
- Protectors - consistent, attentive to detail and responsible. They create rules and processes, streamline workflows, unite departments and set clear goals for the employees.
- Experts - recognized professionals in their field, employees who are asked for professional support. They help the team achieve success with professional advice, expertise and mentoring.
Examples: Steve Jobs - an innovator and dominant, Tim Cook - an integrator and protector.
Employees assess how much each leadership type is expressed in their colleagues and whether they have relevant skills, and also provide open comments and recommendations.
Step 2: Analyze your social capital.
In the upper left corner of the page, you can see how your colleagues rate the pronouncement of different leadership styles in you. The more colleagues consider you a leader in a particular field, the more social capital, or the opportunity to informally influence the opinions of your colleagues, you have. The pronouncement level is reflected through the badge value that you see in your personal account.
- You are on the list: [Leadership style name] means that at least one of your colleagues has confirmed that you are a leader in this area.
- You are in the rating's TOP-50% means that if we make a conditional rating of all the company employees by the number of votes collected for this leadership style, you are in the upper half of the list.
- You are in the rating's TOP-30% means that by the number of votes collected you are in the upper 30% of the list.
- You are in the rating's TOP-10% means that you are in the upper 10% of the rating, i.e. you are one of the most pronounced leaders in the company in this area.
If you do not see a badge with a specific leadership style in your personal dashboard, then none of your colleagues noted that you have this leadership style. But don't be disappointed - it is possible that very little time has passed since the surveys started and not all of your colleagues have received questions about you. Try to return to your
personal dashboard later, after 3-4 weeks, so that the system accumulates more data and the results become more complete.
See which leadership styles you have and to what extent.
Step 3: Analyze your skills.
Right below the badges, there is a section that reflects how your skills are assessed by your colleagues within each leadership style:
- Strength (in green) - the share of colleagues who confirmed that you have a specific skill.
- Development area (in gray) - the share of colleagues who did not agree that you have this skill;
- If your colleagues neither confirmed nor denied that you have a specific skill, this skill will not be displayed in your personal dashboard.
Using the skill table, you can study in detail which skills within a specific leadership style are developed in you to a greater extent, and which to a lesser extent.
Step 4: Look at the comments block in the report.
Comments allow you to get feedback from your colleagues.
Step 5: Summarize the results across all blocks.
Assess your profile in general:
- What is your most developed leadership style? What skills inherent in this leadership style did your colleagues rate most highly? How does this leadership style help you in your work? What comments regarding this leadership style did your colleagues leave?
- What leadership style do you show the least or don't show at all? Is this level of development of this style sufficient for you to be successful in your work?
How can this level of development of this leadership style hinder you? Do you think this affects your performance?
- Looking at your overall leader profile, does it match your self-image? Does it help to be successful at work? Does it contribute to achieving your goals? In general, which of your skills are the most developed, and which - the least developed? What recommendations do your colleagues give you?
Based on the analysis, try to form your professional portrait, write down your strengths and weaknesses, mark those that, in your opinion, need to be worked on.
Step 6: Draw up an action plan.
Carefully assess each leadership styles or skills that you think you need to improve.
- Each skill in Yva.ai is formulated in a specific action format. To develop a specific leadership style, you can take appropriate actions in your work. Think about what else you can do to improve this leadership style.
- Does the company have resources which can help you develop this leadership style? Will the company be able to provide you with these resources? For example, is it possible to receive training from the company?
- Think about what might be an assessment of your progress. How will you understand that you have made progress in developing this style?
Step 7: Discuss your plan with HR.
Meet with an HR representative to discuss your wishes and further development plan. Talk about the following points:
- Agree on the priority areas of your development.
- Discuss how the company can provide help and support to you.
- Ask for HR's comments and advice.
- Agree on the following steps.
- Write down a plan for each separate direction.
Appendix: Template for drawing up a plan. This template will help you work on your leadership styles and skills. Using it, you can summarize the next steps by specifying the term for their accomplishment and resources needed, and assess the result.
Summarize all the information you have and fill in the template. You can expand the tools according to the development plan, but first use the template without changes as a base.
Leadership styles and skills:
Actions for development: