In this article you will get the information about Yva.ai functionality, benefits and security notes
Yva.ai is an AI-driven real-time employee experience and performance platform based on Smart surveys. Smart surveys is a patented way to conduct short (60-120 sec) individualized peer-to-peer surveys based on collaboration circles - the objective data “who works with who” in corporate productivity systems.
Optionally (with employee consent), Yva.ai conducts Collaboration analytics (passive analytics).
Once a week Yva.ai asks a set of 11 individualized questions to each employee. These questions are divided into two categories:
- Employee experience (wellbeing, engagement, satisfaction);
- Employee performance (360 peer-to-peer feedback between the Collaborators about the informal leadership and skills).
The answers from these 11 questions are processed automatically and presented in the system dashboards.
A distinctive element of the Yva.ai system is the ability to conduct surveys automatically by determining who to ask about whom. The system examines corporate sources: Microsoft 365, G Suite, Teams, Slack, Jira, etc. and identifies the so-called. “Collaboration circles" - who interacts with whom in cross-functional projects. This eliminates the need to spend significant time for executives and HR professionals manually specifying who will give feedback on performance and skills about who. This makes the choice extremely accurate (only those who actually collaborated in the last days before the next survey are interviewed about each other), relevant (the circles of cooperation are constantly changing throughout the year) and unbiased.
This survey method based on collaborative circles is called “smart surveys”.
- provides heatmaps and identifies groups and departments with high/low engagement, high/low wellbeing and high/low satisfaction levels across 11 drivers: Manager, Team, Cross-functional Collaboration, Employee Development, Reward and recognition, Empowerment, Enablement, Diversity, Alignment, Innovation, Customer focus;
- displays historical dynamics on each of 11 drivers.
- reveals informal leaders and influential employees across 5 styles (dominance, innovation, integration, protection, expertise);
- provides each employee with a personal dashboard indicating co-workers’ recommendations and assessments across 31 skills;
- reveals the individual employee Performance score based on real-time peer-to-peer evaluation between the Collaborators (starting from Yva.ai v 3.3).
Collaboration analytics [optional]
If the company chooses to enable Collaboration analytics (passive analytics) and Yva.ai has employee consent, Yva.ai will start to analyze Corporate productivity tools to derive 40+ passive metrics related to employee performance, wellbeing and engagement:
- 3 stages of Burnout;
- 40+ passive collaboration analytics metrics, including
Input data sources for Yva.ai platform
There are three types of data sources for the Yva.ai platform:
1. Collaboration data (passive data)
Yva.ai can be connected to the following collaboration sources:
- Microsoft 365 email (Office 365),
- Microsoft 365 calendar*
- Microsoft Teams,
- Microsoft Exchange,
- Google Workspace (G Suite) email,
- Google Workspace (G Suite) calendar*,
- Jira Server,
- Jira Cloud,
- IBM Notes,
- Facebook Workplace,
- Any other collaboration source through Yva.ai Sources API: https://api-docs.yva.ai/#tag/Sources
* will be available in H2 2021
2. Survey data (active data)
Once per week, Yva.ai asks each employee 11 individualized questions in two categories:
- employee experience (wellbeing, engagement, satisfaction)
- performance (Informal leadership and skills).
The answers are processed automatically and presented anonymously in the system dashboards.
3. User data (demographic data)
Employee orgchart, titles, gender, tenure, etc. can be loaded into Yva.ai from HCM software (Workday, SAP SuccessFactors, etc.) via Yva.ai Users API https://api-docs.yva.ai/#tag/Users or CSV.
Output metrics chart for Yva.ai platform
Please refer to the Yva.ai Reports API https://api-docs.yva.ai/#tag/Reports for the complete output metrics generated by Yva.ai platform.
Key business metrics tracked by Yva.ai platform
Yva.ai Platform main dashboards
Yva.ai helps to solve problems related to two key areas: continuous employee experience and continuous performance management.
There are four personas in the organizational hierarchy who benefit from Yva.ai solution: senior managers, HR leaders, middle managers, regular employees.
- a weekly corporate health dynamics,
- a list of the most burned out departments and employee groups,
- causes of problems,
- a list of proactive managers who can efficiently lead new projects.
HR professionals get a list of 100+ metrics including:
- a list of employees in the risk of falling into the “Red zone”,
- a weekly charts of well-being by each department and group,
- a weekly dynamics of engagement and satisfaction broken down into 11 factors
- continuous peer-performance evaluation scores.
- a list of employees to retain with might and reward and a list of the most detached employees
- the length of the digital working day,
- the turnover prediction
Employees are presented with:
- a list of skills to develop
- areas of improvement based on peers’ feedback.
- areas of excellence according to the peers.
- open text feedback and recommendations from peers, managers and subordinates both anonymous and non-anonymous
Yva.ai displays the processed data to the users in the form of dashboards. It helps the user to analyze the data visually.
What information does Yva.ai collect?
Yva.ai’s analytics is based on 3 types of primary data: Active data, Collaboration circles and Passive data.
Active data (Survey data)
means Survey answers data that Yva collects.
Collaboration circles (metadata of digital interactions, who works with who)
means the list of contacts associated with each participant who have been working together for the most recent, four weeks (the list of Collaborators). The system identifies the collaboration circles by observing the metadata in corporate productivity tools (collaboration sources). Collaboration circles are used to determine who should be asked what and about who during the weekly micro-surveys. Such patented technique to conduct surveys is called Yva.ai Smart surveys.
It’s important to emphasize that Collaboration circles are not used for any performance or engagement conclusions for privacy reasons.
Passive data (Collaboration data)
means any data collected from the digital interactions, metadata, records and messages in corporate productivity tools like Microsoft 365, Microsoft Teams, Slack, Google Workplace, Jira, GitHub, IBM Notes, etc.
With employee consent this data is used for performance and engagement metrics.
Yva.ai is easy and works on autopilot
Security and privacy notes
Information security management system ISO / IEC 27001:2013 and audit
The Yva.ai team is certified for information security with ISO / IEC 27001:2013 (Information Security Management System). This means that Yva.ai collaboration analytics platform and the company's internal processes fully comply with recognized international information security standards.
For more information please refer to https://www.yva.ai/isms-policy-eng.
Opt-in & anonymous
Yva.ai anonymizes all employee feedback by aggregating data for groups of a minimum of 5 employees at a time. Passive data is analysed with employee consent.
With self-hosted cloud / on-premises installation, all data resides within the client's network perimeter.
No content storage
Yva.ai never stores and/or reveals email, messenger and other collaboration source message content, thereby protecting individual privacy.
No personal sources
Yva.ai never analyzes personal data sources like personal email, SMS, WhatsApp, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.
Yva.ai is committed to ensure its GDPR compliance. Here are some of the following measures that Yva.ai has put in place:
- Yva.ai contractual terms reflect GDPR requirements.
Yva.ai has prepared a Data Processing Addendum that contains the GDPR contractual requirements. Where applicable, this Data Processing Addendum is incorporated into our Yva.ai Terms of Service for Cloud Services. The addendum is available at https://yva.ai/terms.
- Yva.ai continuously improves its security infrastructures.
Yva.ai is committed to maintaining appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your employees' personal information that is processed using Yva.ai Cloud Services in line with the GDPR requirements.
- Yva.ai complies with GDPR international Data Transfer Mechanisms.
GDPR does not require personal information of the EEA domiciled individuals to be stored in the EEA exclusively. GDPR does, however, require transfers of the EEA domiciled individuals' personal information outside of the EEA to comply with certain international data transfer standards. Yva.ai is and will be in compliance with the required international data transfer standards under GDPR.
For more information please refer to https://www.yva.ai/gdpr-commitment.
|Next part →
Part 2: Yva.ai installation